Saturday, April 21, 2012

Domain Names

Welcome back!!


Ok, we can continue to explore Komposer and get more experience with it as we move forward. Here is the link to komposer if you can't seem to locate it...


Even if you never create a website, this is a great thing to have on your computer just for fun.


Let's talk about a Domain names. A domain name is the name you use for your website that you would type in the URL at the top of the page.  It's the www.yourdomainname.com or .net or .org. basically the name that you give your website location so people can find it. Also can be called the URL (Uniform Resource Locator).

There are several places you can purchase a domain name. It just depends on what you know or heard about a certain site that sells them. Pick your favorite.



And many more, just browse for domain name registers. 

I use godaddy.com for my domain names which was recommended to me by my mentor. Also, some of the domain registry sites provide hosting as well, for a small fee, but it is totally worth the price, and you will need a host to upload your page on the internet, so, going with someone who provides hosting is a plus and you won't have to do complicated things like change name servers and things like that. 

After you have decided on a domain name for you site, which is usually only $10 a year, the next step would be to get a hosting account, again with whom ever you think has the best deal or that you have heard of from those you trust. The prices vary with hosting, so do some research. 

Now the Chris Farrell membership provides hosting that is included in the price of the membership, as well as all the information you need to start your own online business, if you are considering becoming a member. There is too much information to cover about a we business, than I can explain her at my blog, thus the reason for directing you to the Chris Farrell site. 

Once you have a hosting account, a domain name and a web editor, building a site is just a creative step away from going live on the internet. 

I am showing you the basic things that you would need to create a web page and move forward towards a web business.  As I said before, the information is huge about online business and I couldn't get into the depth that is needed to explain every aspect. My goal is to direct those of you who are truly interested in a web business, to the best information that I know. I'm here to help and I believe you need to get started somewhere.


www.photohawkeye.blogspot.com 








No comments:

Post a Comment